We tell ypu about site content Accessibility recommendations (WCAG) 2.0
W3C Advice 11 2008 december
Please make reference to the errata because of this document, which could consist of normative modifications.
This document can also be for sale in non-normative platforms, available from Alternate Versions of content Accessibility instructions 2.0.
Copyright © 2008 ® that is w3CMIT , ERCIM , Keio), All Rights Reserved. W3C obligation, document and trademark usage rules use.
Content Accessibility recommendations (WCAG) 2.0 covers a range that is wide of to make content more available. After these directions will likely make content available to a wider number of individuals with disabilities, including loss of sight and low eyesight, deafness and hearing loss, learning disabilities, intellectual limits, restricted motion, message disabilities, photosensitivity and combinations of those. After these directions also often create your internet content more usable to users generally speaking.
WCAG 2.0 success criteria are written as testable statements that aren’t technology-specific. Guidance about satisfying the success criteria in specific technologies, in addition to basic information regarding interpreting the success requirements, is provided in split documents. See site content Accessibility recommendations (WCAG) Overview for the introduction and links to WCAG technical and material that is educational.
WCAG 2.0 succeeds site content Accessibility Guidelines 1.0 WCAG10, that was posted as a W3C advice might 1999. Even though it is achievable to conform either to WCAG 1.0 or even to WCAG 2.0 (or both), the W3C suggests that brand brand new and updated use that is content 2.0. The W3C additionally recommends that internet accessibility policies guide WCAG 2.0.
Reputation with this Document
This part defines the status for this document during the right time of its book. Other papers may supersede this document. A listing of present W3C magazines therefore the latest modification of the technical report are available in the W3C technical reports index at http://www.w3.org/TR/.
Here is the site content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0 W3C Recommendation from the net information Accessibility tips performing Group.
This document happens to be evaluated by W3C Members, by pc computer pc software designers, and also by other W3C teams and interested events, and is endorsed by the Director as a W3C Recommendation. It is a document that is stable can be used as guide product or cited from another document. W3C’s part in creating the advice is always to draw awareness of the specification also to market its extensive implementation. This enhances the functionality and interoperability regarding the internet.
WCAG 2.0 is supported by the linked non-normative documents, Understanding WCAG 2.0 and approaches for WCAG 2.0. Although those papers would not have the formal status that WCAG 2.0 itself has, they supply information vital that you understanding and implementing WCAG.
The Working Group requests that any feedback be manufactured utilizing the provided comment form that is online. If this is extremely hard, remarks can additionally be provided for email@example.com. The archives for the general public feedback list are publicly available. Feedback received regarding the WCAG 2.0 Recommendation cannot result in modifications for this type of the principles, but can be addressed in errata or future variations of WCAG. The performing Group will not want to make responses that are formal feedback. Archives associated with WCAG WG email list conversations are publicly available, and work that is future by the performing Group may deal with feedback received about this document.
This document was produced included in the W3C Web Accessibility Initiative (WAI). The objectives associated with the WCAG performing Group are talked about within the WCAG performing Group charter. The WCAG performing Group is a component associated with WAI Technical Activity.
This document ended up being generated by a team running underneath the 5 2004 W3C Patent Policy february. W3C maintains a general public directory of any patent disclosures produced in connection aided by the deliverables regarding the team; that web web web page also contains guidelines for disclosing a patent. Someone who has knowledge that is actual of patent that the individual believes contains Essential Claim(s) must reveal the info according to area 6 of this W3C Patent Policy.
Dining Table of articles
- WCAG 2.0 Levels of Guidance
- WCAG 2.0 documents that are supporting
- Essential Terms in WCAG 2.0
- WCAG 2.0 Instructions
- 1 Perceivable
- 1.1 Provide text choices for any non-text content to ensure it could be turned into other styles individuals need, such as for instance big print, braille, speech, symbols or easier language.
- 1.2 offer choices for time-based news.
- 1.3 generate content that may be presented in various means (for example simpler design) without losing information or framework.
- 1.4 allow it to be easier for users to see and hear content including foreground that is separating back ground.
- 2 Operable
- 2.1 Make all functionality available from a keyboard.
- 2.2 offer users time that is enough read and use content.
- 2.3 usually do not design content in a real method that is recognized to cause seizures.
- 2.4 offer methods to assist users navigate, find content, and discover where these are typically.
- 3 Understandable
- 3.1 Make text content readable and understandable.
- 3.2 Make website pages look and run in predictable ways.
- 3.3 Assistance users avoid and correct mistakes.
- 4 Robust
- 4.1 Maximize compatibility with present and future individual agents, including assistive technologies.
- 1 Perceivable
- Conformance Needs
- Conformance Claims (Optional)
- Statement of Partial Conformance – Alternative Party Content
- Statement of Partial Conformance – Language
- Appendix A: Glossary (Normative)
- Appendix B: Acknowledgments
- Appendix C: Recommendations